Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

My SLO Clone Build

• 58 Antworten
  • 30149 Aufrufe

Offline FourT6and2

Re: My SLO Clone Build
« Antwort #15 am: 30.06.2014 08:14 »
Sort of at an impasse for the time being. Can't do much else until I cut the pot shafts and replace the power tube sockets. But I got most of the switch stack done (at least all I can for the moment).

Offline Robinrockt

• YaBB God
« Antwort #16 am: 30.06.2014 09:55 »
Hi,

I bet Mike would be most impressed seeing those pics. Awesome build quality. :topjob:

Best,
Robin
Gefangen vom Ton

Offline darkbluemurder

• YaBB God
« Antwort #17 am: 30.06.2014 15:59 »
I bet Mike would be most impressed seeing those pics. Awesome build quality. :topjob:

I am not going to bet against you.

Super neat build.

Cheers Stephan
Bauten
Chieftain, HoSo56, Cleartone, Dirty Shirley, CJ 11, Junior Chief, Peggy 40

Conversions
Marshall 1959 SLP RI zu Minimalist HRM, Fender Bassman zu Mark Overdrive Special, Marshall 100W JMP zu Fat BE100, Marshall JTM 45 Reissue zu Dirty Daisy; Guyatone Bassman zu Basstonemaster

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #18 am: 30.06.2014 16:43 »
Thanks, guys! I hope it turns out as well as a real SLO :)

Offline jacob

• YaBB God
  • Rote Amps klingen besser!
« Antwort #19 am: 30.06.2014 16:59 »
Hi,

I think so!
Especially, if you are able to get the original Transfomers for your nice masterpiece  :topjob:

Regards

Jacob
Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist grundsätzlich in der Praxis größer als in der Theorie. (Unbekannt)

Ein Mensch, der spürt, wenn auch verschwommen, er müsste sich, genau genommen, im Grunde seines Herzens schämen, zieht vor, es nicht genau zu nehmen. (Eugen Roth)

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #20 am: 30.06.2014 19:27 »
Hi,

I think so!
Especially, if you are able to get the original Transfomers for your nice masterpiece  :topjob:

Regards

Jacob

Hmm, I don't know anybody who is able to get original DeYoung transformers for their DIY build. They don't sell them to the public. I'm using O'Netics "Hi-Def." But I believe Soldano actually uses this transformer set in their other amps (Avenger, Hot Rod, etc.), just not the SLO. So it's close enough for me! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30.06.2014 19:32 von FourT6and2 »

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #21 am: 10.07.2014 01:25 »
Been busy with work and life and such lately. But managed to make a little more progress: Pot shafts are cut to correct size now, started on wiring 'em up. And got new power tube sockets.

Offline carlitz

• YaBB God
  • never give up
« Antwort #22 am: 10.07.2014 09:07 »
nice !
If you don't know how to fix it, stop breaking it!

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #23 am: 10.07.2014 22:54 »
More progress today. Just the two shielded coax cables going from the gain pots to V1 and V2. They took a while to do because of how perfect you have to strip them, get the lengths correct, and splice in a resistor on V2. But having the coax stripper really helps. I had to adjust the blade depth a few times to get it right. Out of the box it was cutting through the shield. Here's what it looks like all stripped and tinned. Nice and perfect! :D You know it's tinned well when you can still see the braid. Too much solder and each wire in the braid would be covered.

I had a heart attack when I went to check continuity on the coax. I was getting a short between the shield and the conductor. And I was like FUCK! I'm gonna have to redo this all again! But then I realized the gain pots were on zero, thus shunting to ground. I was super relieved. :)

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #24 am: 11.07.2014 01:10 »
Which color?

Offline Jürgen

• YaBB God
« Antwort #25 am: 11.07.2014 04:11 »
Joachim would be proud of you!   :o

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #26 am: 11.07.2014 17:09 »
Joachim would be proud of you!   :o

Where is he? Haven't seen him on here lately and I sent him a PM about a month or two ago. No response.

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #27 am: 11.07.2014 21:51 »
Input finally done. Pain in the buns!

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #28 am: 12.07.2014 06:43 »
Bias test points wired up.

Offline FourT6and2

« Antwort #29 am: 13.07.2014 01:14 »
Heaters are finally done. Phew! Took longer than doing it the usual way with twisted pairs. But I think overall it was easier. Sure as hell looks better too.

I have some parts on the way for the elevated heater mod too. Just a cap and two resistors for referencing to the choke on pin 6 of the power tubes. Then I can do the faux center tap and finish the rest of the power sockets. Then put in the transformers and start on the power section.