Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

I desperately need a custom made chassis... anyone know where to get one?

• 3 Antworten
  • 2481 Aufrufe

Offline Gtr0

• Starter
Hi Folks.

I seriously need a custom made chassis as I am designing a multi-channel high gain amplifier. My lack for foreign languages doesn't help, for sure (american living in belgium). The big problem I need to overcome is the chassis height... I need something closer to 8.5cm rather than the usual 6.5cm.

Does ANYONE have a clue where I can have a "prototype" chassis made with the possibility of more in the future?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Gtr0

Offline LöD

• YaBB God
  • nichts ist gelber als Gelb selber!
Hi,
I'd suggest to go to a local locksmith who can bend sheet metal. It shouldn't be a problem to get a chassis this way in exactly the dimensions you need it
Cheers
LöD
Die gefährlichste aller Weltanschauungen ist die Weltanschauung der Leute, welche die Welt nie angeschaut haben. (A.v.Humboldt)

Offline Gtr0

• Starter
Hi,
I'd suggest to go to a local locksmith who can bend sheet metal. It shouldn't be a problem to get a chassis this way in exactly the dimensions you need it
Cheers
LöD

Thank you. I will check it out right away.

Best Regards,
Gtr0

Offline geowicht

• YaBB God

Hi,
local locksmith are an option but mostly they can/will only produce raw chassis at reasonable costs and you need to punch/drill the holes by your own.
You could also try companies that laser cut and bend chassis. This is usually quite expensive for prototypes, but as soon as you order a series it may get much cheaper per unit. The problem is to deliver the necessary 3-D dataset (CAD) that they can use for their processing (compatible to their software) otherwise these are probably additional costs. I once asked one of these laser companies and they gave me a quote of more than 200€, far to much for a single chassis for my hobby, but may be ok for (semi-) professionals when they order series of chassis on a reduced fee.

Good luck. I think there are many people here that appreciate your feedback for their own projects.
Cheers
Gerhard