Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

Tube Reverb: great sound but a bit of hum and noise

• 2 Antworten
  • 1395 Aufrufe

Offline dani_s

Hi,

finished my second projected: the TT Tube Reverb with the upgrade PCB.
Assembly was straight forward, I get all the measurements to spot on.
The sound is great! I drive it before a 3W G3 MadAmp, which is a quite clean amp.

To be 100% happy I am asking for some advice to reduce the rest of hum and noise I have:

If the mix is all the way on bypass there is only a bit of noise added to the dry signal, not sure if it should be super clean.
If I mix in reverb signal I get a bit of both signal noise and a fixed 50hz-ish noise too.
It is not hearable on small mix settings, but if the mix is quite large it is quite obvious.
The noise gets affected by the tone setting a lot.

Attached are a few pictures of my assembly. Hopefully, I just forgot something super obvious, or I made a stupid mistake somewhere (I am quite new to this).

Thanks for your feedback

D

Offline JTM

Re: Tube Reverb: great sound but a bit of hum and noise
« Antwort #1 am: 12.03.2019 06:54 »
Hey,

You can try to rewire  the heatersupply. I am not sure if that is leading to your issue but your heater wiring is not considered to be optimal by a lot of people.
Read this and follow the instructions at the end: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/heater.html

As well I would rewire the pots. Make shorter leads and do not twist them.

Cheers,
Simon
« Letzte Änderung: 12.03.2019 06:57 von JTM »

Offline roehrich

• YaBB God
Re: Tube Reverb: great sound but a bit of hum and noise
« Antwort #2 am: 12.03.2019 07:57 »
Hi,

looking at the last picture one might assume that the reverb tank is picking up some noise. Have you tried relocating it away from the power supply and/or transformer?

Good luck!
Sebastian