Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

PX18 presence noise

• 28 Antworten
  • 3226 Aufrufe

Offline marcomeloni1979

Re: PX18 presence noise
« Antwort #15 am: 7.08.2021 21:23 »
Sorry Dirk i misread the question. The standard setup i use is the stock setup i followed from tube town. I did try the master volume in the beginning and when i recorded that video the master volume was in place. Ive since removed it but the noise is still there. Everything sounds perfect and the amp sounds amazing. At first i thought it was because i had twisted the cable for the NFB together with the OT secondary, for a neater look. Then i re-routed it like it is in the pictures of the build but it did nothing to attenuate the noise.

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #16 am: 8.08.2021 13:57 »
Looks like you do not understand me. You wrote: "I have one issue with the presence control that when its turned all the way up makes like a frying noise." Do you use this setting, presence turned up ?
If you turn up the presence just say 80% or 90 % then there is no problem ?

Best regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #17 am: 8.08.2021 17:26 »
Hey Dirk, i thought that for setup you meant the master volume since we talked about it in the previous post. I ususally have the presence between 5 and 7 so thats not an issue. It starts being very prominent around 8/9 and its onbviously more marked using the high treble ..  I never had a plexi before but it seemed like more noise than it should be.... i tried uploading some gut pics but jpEg format is not allowed, only jpg... have to find a way to change that..

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #18 am: 8.08.2021 20:12 »
just remove the E.

Regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #19 am: 8.08.2021 21:55 »
Damn iphone....

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #20 am: 8.08.2021 22:04 »
Lets see if i can attach some pics
« Letzte Änderung: 8.08.2021 22:19 von marcomeloni1979 »

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #21 am: 8.08.2021 22:21 »
More pics...

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #22 am: 8.08.2021 22:24 »
And a couple more

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #23 am: 9.08.2021 14:29 »
Hard to tell form the pictures.
Maybe you want to reduce or increase the value of the feedback resistor a little bit to see if it gets better or not.

Best regards, Dirk

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #24 am: 9.08.2021 14:47 »
Thank you for your feedback Dirk. I checked the amp this morning and i did notice that some wires in V1 and V2 are microphonic. I dont get any squeals or hum, and the tubes arent microphonic when i tap them. Could that be something that factors in in the noise?

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #25 am: 9.08.2021 19:35 »
Hi,
I know that many customers think that we take a look at there pictures and know the solution for the problem a few minutes later. Of course it would be great if this would work but it doesn't, there are so many pitfall. If you are unsure how to check the amp or how to troubleshoot it then you should try to get some local help. I know, this is not so easy but give it a try.

I also wrote that you should try to adjust the nfb resistor. You should check this too.

Best regards, Dirk

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #26 am: 9.08.2021 19:57 »
I will do that Dirk! Thank you so much for taking the time to help! :topjob:

Marco

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #27 am: 10.08.2021 14:25 »
Hi,

I just checked the PX18  with your settings. The noise which you hear is "normal" with these settings.
I guess you can reduce the noise if the guitar is not so close to the amp. Maybe it is less if you are in an other room too.
If you want to eliminate it then you must adjust the nfb resistors and / or the Presence potentiometer a little bit.

Best regards, Dirk

Offline marcomeloni1979

« Antwort #28 am: 10.08.2021 22:42 »
Thank you Dirk, i will try that. Im also gonna change the bright cap for a lower value one. High treble volume and presence noise go hand in hand. Still love the amp, sound amazing. Very happy with the build!

Marco