Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

PX18 power supply connections

• 2 Antworten
  • 669 Aufrufe

Offline doudoudave

PX18 power supply connections
« am: 31.03.2022 16:43 »
Dear TT Forum,
After LoW Emma, I started the PX18, to elevate my challenges - and my risks of blowing it  ;-)
As the power supply wiring is more complex than for Emma, I prefer to ask stupid questions than making stupid mistakes (even though both make people wiser...).

I have attached my understanding of the wiring to be performed, by numbering each wiring and locating them in the plans (I live in Germany, so 230 V needed). I have doubts in particular for both CTs (no CTs in LoW mini PSU). On this PSU, the heater CT in particular (wiring #11 for me) is not located on the same block as the two mains 6,3V AC, which is a bit puzzling (maybe because the heater CT common for all types of heaters, incl. the 3,2 V heaters not used here?).
I would be grateful if anybody could detect any mistake (or confirm) in the intended wirings in the Schaltplan and the Layout plan - in particular for the CTs (wiring 11 and 14 in my numbering, see attachments).

Many thanks in advance!
Kind regards
David

Offline stephan61

• YaBB God
Re: PX18 power supply connections
« Antwort #1 am: 31.03.2022 17:41 »
Hi David,
1 & 4 are correct.
13 & 15 are correct. 14 is the corresponding ct connection to ground via the fuse as shown on the schematic.
Instead of 6&7 use 10 & 12. These connections are for heating the tubes. 11 is the corresponding ct connection to ground.
6 &7 are for a rectifier tube only, which requires no ct.
6&7 are not applicable for the PX18.

Regards Stephan
« Letzte Änderung: 31.03.2022 17:45 von stephan61 »
"It must schwing!"

Offline doudoudave

Re: PX18 power supply connections
« Antwort #2 am: 31.03.2022 18:25 »
Thank you Stephan for the quick answer and spotting my mistake! :topjob:
I was probably misled by the indication on the layout plan: there 6,3V is indicated but I understand this is the overall resultant , not the individual wiring voltage - thus 10 and 12 are actually -3,15V and +3,15V, hence the resulting 6,3V at the cathod.

Many thanks again!
David