Tube-Town Forum

Technik => Tube-Talk => Thema gestartet von: Luxpaul am 1.10.2026 12:53

Titel: Need help to understand values printed on tube box
Beitrag von: Luxpaul am 1.10.2026 12:53
Hi there.
First of all apologies for writing in English. Hopefully it won’t cause too many problems.

I am trying to learn more about tubes and I was wondering if someone can explain all the values printed on the tube-town valve boxes. I know some of them but some are not clear for me.
I have a Sovtek 5881 tube with the following data:
P: 450v G:400v G1: -37v

Are these the values used to test the  tube ?
So tests performed with plate at 450, screen 400 and grid -37 ?

I then see:
Gm: 4,4
Ip: 56

Those are fine as I know what they are (plate current and transconductance)

But what are these measurements :
H2C: 0
S: 1,9
G: 0,6
G1: 0,037

Many thanks in advance for any info.

Danke
Paul