Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

Wiring torroid transformer for the Emma amp.

• 2 Antworten
  • 2188 Aufrufe

Offline Jakobz

Hi there.
I am almost done wiring the Emma amp, and looking very much forward to completing it :) I have build several audio processors but i always find it difficult to grasp how to connect a torriod transformer, so i hope someone can help me out :) On the primary side i have:

black: 0v
yellow: 220v
violet: 230v
red: 240v

Since my mains are 230v i would think i should wire violet and black to the powerswitch pin2 and pin5 and wire pin1 and pin4 to the iec connector, this setup would connect the transformer to the psu pcb when the switch is in the down position (as far as i can tell :-). I would then leave yellow and red on the transformer disconnectet.  would this work?

-Jakob

Offline RoehrenJeans

• YaBB God
Re: Wiring torroid transformer for the Emma amp.
« Antwort #1 am: 15.12.2014 22:11 »
Hi Jakob,

Zitat
Since my mains are 230v i would think i should wire violet and black to the powerswitch
you're right ...
Zitat
I would then leave yellow and red on the transformer disconnectet.
yep, but you should isolate the "open ends" with a kind of rubber tape or better "heat shrinkable tubing"

About the Pin Layout of the power switch:
I don't have a data sheet of your power switch ... but if you have any problems to figure that out - please consult someone who is educated in electronics.
Furthermore - please make sure that you accomplish a proper grounding and connecting of the protecting earth conductor !!

Cheers
Stoffel

-----------------------
Warnings !
Caution is necessary. Even though this isn't a particularly powerful amp, it nevertheless works with voltages with are potentially lethal.
This amp is NOT appropriate for beginners!
Reading and understanding schematics, use of measurement devices, and good experience with voltages over 60V are prerequisites for the successful completion of this project.

Offline Jakobz

Re: Wiring torroid transformer for the Emma amp.
« Antwort #2 am: 16.12.2014 23:58 »
Thank you for helping out  :)
I will make sure to heatshrink any loose ends, and double check grounding!