Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

TT Molly without poweramp

• 2 Antworten
  • 1898 Aufrufe

Offline caliban

TT Molly without poweramp
« am: 15.03.2016 18:56 »
I understand some German, but writing is difficult, hope you don't mind English on this board :).

I recently built a TT Molly, works fine, sounds great. I built in an extra output, which serves as a preamp out (only the ef86 stage), which I slave into other poweramp(s). Now I used an extra speaker so far, to connect to the poweramp output of the TT Molly, in order not to blow up the transformer. I was wondering if it's possible just to take out the poweramp tube, when only using the preamp out, instead of connecting a load to the output. Theoretically I think it would work, since no current would flow in the primary of the output transformer. But I would like to be entirely sure.

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
Re: TT Molly without poweramp
« Antwort #1 am: 15.03.2016 20:37 »
Hallo,

the powerstage is very important for the sound too so if you use the preamp only than you will loose some of the sound. A small load and an line-out "behind" the powerstage is highly recommended.

best regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline caliban

Re: TT Molly without poweramp
« Antwort #2 am: 15.03.2016 20:41 »
Thank you, I know that I loose some of the sound when doing this, it's just cool to have the option of using a different poweramp on the ef86.