Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

TT Reverb - Fußschalter

• 8 Antworten
  • 3728 Aufrufe

Offline Assaf

TT Reverb - Fußschalter
« am: 27.01.2017 17:11 »
Hey guys
I finished building the kit. so far not built in it's enclouser. today I tested it.
everything seem to turn on correct. pilot LED is on, Tubes are glowing. but no sounds at all.
my question: do I need for sure a foot switch in order to turn it on ? does it close the circuit ?
if that so - shouldn't I have  clean guitar sound with no FS connected ?

when turning the unit off - I do hear the twang of the springs through my amp so I know it's alive but I may have done somethign wrote with routing have I ?
I will proceed to photos if needed

cheers
Assaf

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
Re: TT Reverb - Fußschalter
« Antwort #1 am: 28.01.2017 13:18 »
Hallo,

a footswitch is NOT needed.
Check the voltage and compare it with the voltage listed in the schematic.
Check the FAQ: https://www.tube-town.net/cms/?DIY/LoW-Projekte/FAQ_Low_Projekte
Ask someone with technical knowledge in your family or neighborhood for support.

Best regards, Dirk

Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline Assaf

« Antwort #2 am: 28.01.2017 16:15 »
ok my bad..
This is the first time I work with this kind of jacks and I was sure that each pole of the sleeve and tip are the same. so now I soldered them on the correct pads of the jack and everything fires up !

still I would like to build a foot switch for the unit. a SPDT switch should be enough right ? 3 pins 1 is empty and 2 are for the ON position going to sleeve and pin of the jack ?

thanks for your help
the reverb sounds amazing!

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #3 am: 28.01.2017 19:36 »
You just need to close the contact between the tip and the ground, that's all the switch must do.

Best regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline Assaf

« Antwort #4 am: 30.01.2017 19:55 »
on it ;) thanks a lot!
I would get at some point to measuring voltages to compare and advise here if there is something I can do to modify it sound a little bit.

It seems like the Dwell from 7-10 is a little bit overdriven the signal as well as giving more dwelli reverb - I'm not sure is it normal ?
is there some way to do sound comparison with someone else's successful build of this reverb ? that would be great.
thanks ! :topjob:

Offline Assaf

« Antwort #5 am: 31.01.2017 13:50 »
Ok
I tried just a test for foot switch
soldered a mono jack plug to a SPDT switch
on the middle the ground. on one of the outter poles - the tip

so it is working. BUT - there is a remarkebly amount of high-end and some treble consistent of the signal dropped when bypassing the effect.
I compared with A-B listening a few things:
A: Guitar > Amp - results in normal sounding of my guitar the way I know it.. really presence and high tone like (fender mustang)
B: Guitar > Spring (bypassed) > Amp - it is clean for sure with no  wet signal. But again - lower comparing to the A mode

I also tried this which was really similar to the Guita > Amp:
Guitar > Spring (non bypassed but Mixer knob all the way down) - this sounded very similar  to as when the guitar is plugged straight to the amp

any ideas what can I do to immitate a pure true bypass as if my guitar is going stright  to the amp 'skipping' the effect unit ??
I would try to solder the 3rd pole of the footswitch to the ground as well but I don't belive it will change much or ??

cheers for your help and support!

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #6 am: 31.01.2017 14:03 »
Sounds like that there is something wrong. With the footswitch you just pull the signal to ground, that's all.

Also, the TReverb allows extreme settings, which is IMO a benefit of the this reverb unit. Yes, you can boost the signal and overdirve it, you can also overdrive the amp or create very psychedelic sounds. You just play a litte bit with the Reverb until you find YOUR Reverb sound and than keep the settings.

Best regards, Dirk

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #7 am: 1.02.2017 14:20 »
Hallo,

using a 12AU7 instead of the 12AT7 will lower the gain and makes the potentiometers work "smoother". If you should have a 12AU7 than feel free to try it.

Best regards, Dirk

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #8 am: 3.02.2017 20:54 »
just found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWR28TsFsPc
check the demo starting at 20:00

regards, Dirk