Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

8 Ohm Speaker für Classic 30?

• 0 Antworten
  • 3140 Aufrufe

Offline cg120

8 Ohm Speaker für Classic 30?
« am: 5.03.2008 20:10 »
Hallo,

aufgrund der Mod-Empfehlung (Zitat siehe unten) von http://blueguitar.org den Originalspeaker des Classic 30 auszutauschen, habe ich mir den Eminence Cannabis Rex in der 8 Ohm Version geholt (anstatt der 16 Ohm - siehe Zitat). Mittlerweile bin ich mir aber nicht mehr so sicher, ob ich den einfach genauso wie den 16 Ohm Speaker anschließen und dann per Klinkenstecker in der extern-speaker-Buchse auf 8 Ohm jumpern soll, oder etwas anderes gemeint ist.
Kann mir da irgendwer einen Tipp geben, wie der Mod gemeint ist?

Bin für jeden Ratschlag dankbar
Gruß Olli

I strongly recommend that you replace the stock 12" 16 ohm speaker. (I put in an 8 ohm Celestion V12-
60 "Silver Series" for about $60 and was fairly pleased with the performance.) What I did notice when I put
the stock speaker back in, the amp sounds much more alive if I plug it into the existing "Extension Speaker"
jack (which uses the 8 ohm tap). I also noticed a similar response when testing the amp with the 16 ohm
load of my Classic 50-410 speakers. I suspect that putting the speaker load on the 8 ohm tap has an effect on
the feedback loop; in any event, for a nice blues lead guitar tone use the 8 ohm jack whenever feasible.

There is a simple trick to switch the built-in speaker from the 16 ohm tap to the 8 ohm tap: plug a bare
1/4" plug into the Extension Speaker jack. The internal switching contacts of the jack will connect the built-
in speaker in parallel to the 8 ohm tap when anything is plugged into the Extension Speaker jack. If you
can't afford to replace the stock speaker at this time, be sure to switch it over to the 8 ohm tap.